Monday, September 05, 2005

Validation

All of us love validation sometimes.
Some of us love it to a high degree, while others less so. I like validiation, but I preferred to do it myself. My best friend had commented that I m a me and me alone person. Yah, I m independant women. I can do activities alone, I dun even mind eating alone. In the validation scale(by others) of 1- 10, I m probably a 3.

Meaning, I need some validation from others yet most of time, I heck care. Maybe this got to do with having parents that disagree with everything u do and having a super mum, that u have to keep up or to outdone. I seldom need validation from them, if I rely that for survival, I will be starve to death. That allow me to be independant, made my own decisions and suffer from my own mistakes. You may think that I seems to be blaming them, but NO! HonestlyI have to thankful to them as I have been conditioned to learn on own and rely on myself.

This cannot be say for the new generation. From today ST, you can see that there is a lot of parents who have to put in their foot in every single things that their children do. How can some of these children survive later in their life when they have no parents to validate for them, will they be unable to function and made decisions?

Hmm this can be the same in a relationship. It need validation. How will a couple validate their love for each others, for outsiders to see? Do you need to prove who gave more in a relationship? Do u need to prove the non-believers wrong?

I have gone for a religion class last nite and the topics that were been discussed set me pondering.

Qn 1: If your close friend is not allowed to contribute to the religion and family members prohibited the involvement in the religion, what will u do to help them.

To this qn, I have an instant respone," no idea, its' none of my business ."
But after a while, it set me thinking, maybe that friend may neglect the family due to religious commitment. Maybe the parents dun understand the child's action. Their child can no longer be figured out and this made them scared and insecure.

Then I suppose this is a time for validation. The child can validate their love for the parents and family members by being more involve in family doing, by being at hm more and listen to their complains abt other stuffs that matter to them.

This then lead to a torrential pour of thoughts that flood my brains. Maybe everyone need validation irregardless of age, gender, martial status or sexual preference. It is nice for someone to pat on your back and say that u are alrite, gd job, u are attractive or it is ok to make mistakes.

Thus I m a convert, this up my scale to a more balanced 5.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like my indirect boss sitting diagonal of mi, putting a foot on watever her kids do =P
i hate "validation", reminds mi of programming. lotsa validation to be done

Anonymous said...

Sure profound entry...keep it up galz. On the other hand, I like validation. At times they're are heartwarming. :)

two057 said...

As a christain, i will tell u to place GOD in first place. GOD, our father in heaven require us to love HIM first because HE love us first.

However, u being a buddist, i have no answer for u.