Since young, I've never been the "pretty friend"
The pretty friend is always clad in perfect outfit accessorizing with the perfect shoes and bags.. She never seems to have bad hair, skin, outfit or bad breath day. She know that she is attractive and use it to her maximum advantages.She will turns head whenever she go and if you want to be invisible, there is no better Companion than a pretty friend. Sales stuff will always serve her first even when both of you make a request. More evident if the stuff is a hum sup one.
C is my first encounter of a pretty friend. She is technically not a friend, as she is part of my extended family. She is pretty and cute, my aunties and uncles all like to ohh and argh at her. She is prefect in their eyes and always wear those fluffy pink dress. She looks like a princess and this make me look bad.
I am the next in the family line and if she is not around, maybe my confidence were not be shatter in such a early stage... Tho eventually will still be shatter by some body
" WAH , such a ugly baby" as I was bald and flaking.
" Look like a boy boy, wear skirt also no use"
GRRRRh, I was so unfortunate... It was even worse as we have the same birthday.
And my whole extended family will like give her so many presents, all nice and princess like looking, during the birthday. They will then coincidently forget that it was mine as well and muffed some apologies.
If a toddler can swear, I wld have swear. Still my mum wld say stuff like you were not pretty mah, so...TOO BAD, it was the fact of life. Honestly, I really like C as she is real sweet and pretty, we may have become best of friends if not for those bias adults...
Anyway, she marry a real nice good-looking chap. The kind that all my aunties Orhh and arghh during the Chinese New Year visit, while my other male cousins were sulking in one corner... I just sat there and gloat.
Due to the "education" early in my life, I see myself as a Ugly friend and I have no problems making friends with those pretty gals as I am not jealous of their looks.
The jealously will always be between those pretty ones. Scenarios will be like this
Girl A is pretty and popular with boys. Girl B is pretty but then not as outspoken and not so popular. One day POpular boy like girl B and girl A is jealous altho she may not like this popular boy, all becos tat her queen bee position was shaken. Poor girl B will then find herself alone in class and all those girls in girl A clique will not befriend her. This is called follow the leader example.
Naturally, I wun be in the girl A gang. They wun hate me tho as I was non-threatening. I will then befriend girl B as I felt sorry for her. THUS ta da, I gained a pretty friend.
Tats why I always have pretty friends all around me. Some of the pretty friends tell me that it is actually hard to make friends with gals and most of their pals are guys. No prob, they can look for me for companionship as having pretty friends have lots of advantages.
1) When shopping, will be asked more often to do suvery then when shop on my own. Then can obtain free goodies after the survey.
2) Will have more opportunties to bio shuai ge as pretty friends have shuai male friend as well.
3) Free Food, free ride,free KTV sessions from suitors of those pretty friends as they have to appear generous to you in front of your friend.
4) Can obtain fashion advices from those pretty friends.
In turn... I help to
1) sieve out those cmi suitors.
2) provide listening ear to their emotional turmoil.
3) validate their good looks when they stand next to me.
Thus wat a Win- win situations sia.
2 comments:
there is no ugly women, only lazy women who refuse to dress up n make up. It has to do with confidence too. Do whatever it makes you feel confident, make full use of your strength and conceal your weakness.
Tell you a secret: even pretty girls have their own weaknesses. The difference is their ability to conceal it.
The best is yet to be
i'm forced to write this comments *haha* =P
Aniway, being gd looking do hav its advantages, of cos u must noe how to leverage on it, else no pt man =P
Let's all aim to b yan daos chio bus, jiayou!!!
Post a Comment