I remember that we all have aspiration when we are young...I want to be a doc, lawyers etc, but 20 years down the road, how many of us realised our Aspirations and how many of us are v far away from it.
I remember I always has tons of aspiration in my youth, namely, CID officer, Judge and ER doctor, pro Swimmer like J. Yeo and a professor in pyschology or Science. But why din I realise all these dreams? Are those dreams possible, did I try... Or is it that when we grow up, the alreadi grown adults warns us that our dreams are not easy... tHus our aspirations are not possible. Is that the reason y I give up. I have to say that most of of dream job are not easily attainable, but then I din noe wat I shd do to realise my aspirations. I have fumble all the way by myself as my parents din have to make the same kind of decision as me. But there is a saying in Chinese, when u are young, ur life is given by ur parents, but when grown, u are responsible of leading ur life... I totally believe in it.
It is till the start of my adulthood that I think that such things such as fame and money doesn't matter. Wat matters are whether we have contribute to the society? Are we making a difference in others life, do we bring JOy to others? Some pple may think tat making a difference in pple life is too altruistic and it is not within the means of normal ppple... But there are a lot of ways to contribute, by scarifying the time u have ( normally for resting ) in the weekend, u can help a lot of elderly/ cancer patients by accompany them in the weekend...
Altho it may not seems much, but when u have help those pple in way or another, u urself will have the kind of satisfying glow. That why, it is not tat sometimes we dun realise those aspirations because it is hard, sometimes because along the way, you find new things, the things that really matter other than fame and glory that those elite profession bring.
Looking back at the years, I think I m at my proudest when I realise my small aspirations ( not the big ones that I have mentioned earlier)such as by able to learn Japanese, by managing to get an A for my A level maths (failing till the prelims) ,telling my friend that she can also get the A if we work hard enuf.By joining CCF in my Uni days. Hope that I can continue to contributing to my families, friends and othes life, make a difference, that have become my aspiration.
Quotes by 静思语: A peaceful mind is a blessing. The ability to work is also a blessing. Happiness is a blessing. Broadmindness is also a blessing.
6 comments:
[E] True...I also have other aspirations, but somehow I did try to pursue but in the end become more realistic , hence go thr the normal way...graduate and find a job...then a bf...then what?? married...settle down...then back to slogging for the company....
So all of us still can alter our fate by being persistant and believing that you can really make a difference in yur life....then recall back when you are old, that you did this and that...blah...at the end, it boils down to doing what you really want, and how you have benefitted and what others have benefitted frm your actions too...
I may want to do volunteer work but time is really not enough for me.... heehee....=p
Wow, a profound entry by our dear Eve commenter and Cello galz. Totally agree with what u all say. Well, but unfortunately to understand fully the aspects of good and meaningful life is not achievable by anyone. One needs to go through thick and thin, learn from mistakes, not afraid of failures but be brave and move on. Many have told me this statement, but it was my own willingness eventually that brought to where am I now. Thats why I'm in the state of doing my CFA, trying to focus on other aspects of life.
Well, not everyone would be going through E's "normal phase" - graduate, find a job, get a bf, marry and back to slogging for the company. What is normal or not is not impt, what is impt is how u plan ur own life and live happily. If one ponders everyday, worries everyday and live in fear and uncertainty, this is not normal for one.
Being happy is the most impt !!! Cheer Everyone !!!
U can start helping me by sending me some $$$ if that will make u happy. :P Just pulling ur leg.
誰かがかつて言ったように
”簡単に諦める夢は、本当の夢じゃない”。
haha
[E]: u can always find sometimes to do volunteer work one, take a leaf out from cloud nine
[V]Totally agree wif u.
[Two057]Hmm u dun seems to be a worthy cause. haha Joking...
[hoshi]real dreams come from within...
Hi [E] and [V],
tune in to my blog often too, k?
Wink,
SJ
Post a Comment