Last weekend is definately a work hard play hard weekend...After work, I went for tuition, thus working again. Then I went down to the chinatown to book airfare tix for my Thailand trip... Suppose to get a gd deal... Then met some of my friends to try out new dish at the nearby just Green... The place that gafield and gang go last time. This time my religion mates and I try various dishes and we ate quite a lot as we are suppose to write a reviews on the food we eat... There are salted fish tofu, dou miao fish cake and other dishes that I can't named. Anyway, I m going to the review on the "weird" fried rice. According to my friends, they thought that the rice was nice and unique, yet, I think it contain a certain smell that hardcore vegetarian will deterred from it. Pple like my bro will take one sniff and wun touch the rice, but since this is a reputable resturant, it shd be alright, thus I still touch the rice for I m too hungry to really care that much...
After dinner, D decided to seek out some books and tea at a nearby buddhist bookstore. The bookstore is v Zen. White décor wtih deep yellow lighting.But the books are kind of expansive. I bought two bks in a series that cost me ard 40 bucks...ouch, but it come with complimentary of 2 cups of drinks... We decide to come again for the drinks. I think the environment is a gd place to read and study... maybe I can go there and study for my Jap exam nxt time...
Jumping foward to Sunday after youth group activities cum leaders' meeting, I rush back home and change into sports wear for my first Dragon boat session.
As usual, due to all those rushing, I was late and my colleauge was waiting patiently in her red Honda Jazz. Nice car, v ladylike. Okie, my job is to direct her to the kallang sports centre as she doesn't noe how to go there. Stressed up as I m a terrible bad map reader and we are late. Fortuantely, we ended up in the right place wo getting lost. Phew!!!
All of them were already inside the boat except us, oh oh... we quickly grabbed a paddle and safety vest and off we go onto the boat... whee, it is fun, we have to paddle in sync with 18 pple in the boat, terrible, as we nv have down it before and some of our paddles went it faster than others thus,the boat cannot really propel fwd... Our instructor is v patient and explain that we shd use our torso and turn so that we can get the feel of the water and use the resistance between the water and paddle to propel fwd... turning of torso also help us to achieve killer abs... Wow. I turn harder and shout one up, two up with more gusto for I want to develop killer abs... After an hour or so, we coordinate better and the instructor say that we are gd for first timer. I thought so as all of us row with determination despite aching arm, back and bum.
Then our instuctor decided to spice things up and ask us to do tug of war. 8 vs 8. B and I are the first rower of our gp, meaning we must coordinate real well or we will lose. We lost the first time round as B is faster than me. Hmm with my sheer determination I catch up and for the 2nd round, we did better than the other team intially then B slipped... Oh oh, we lose our concentration and thus lost... But gd try.
In conclusion, dragon boat is really a team sport, and I really need to try harder and build up my strength if I m going to excercise more
2 comments:
Wow..nowadays everybody seems to be very fit. Playing Golf, chioing for rafting, fencing, rock climbling and our fren here is doing dragon boat... wow...impressive !
Happening life for everyone !
Let's all go and hav some fun after all ur exams, invigilating exams, marking exams blah blah blah.
Rafting sounds fun!!! i wanna go oso leh =)
Post a Comment