I have never run further than 12km before, thus I am quite apprehensive as to whether I can complete the run.
The first 1okm was quite easy. I only get my second wind at 7km mark and managed to feel real good. My knees dun hurt which was a miracle as my knee used to hurt at the 3km, then proceed to 5km. During the Great Eastern, it start throbbing at 4km. so sian.
At the 12km mark, I felt a blister on my left foot. So painful. Then my right knee start its usual throbbing. At the 14km, I felt so hungry and my left abductors hurts as well. The right ankles also felt so numb and I find myself plowing along. Heng the 100 plus drink station at the 15km energise me a bit. I find myself moving somemore. The markers couldn't be seen after the 16k, without me knowing it, I saw the 150m more mark. I finally finished in 2h 43s chip time. The timer at the ending point shows 2h52min. I was a bit off the targets as I aim for a 2h35 min finish.
I aim to finish next year half marathon at 2hr 30min. Yes I am doing it again. (10km was not shiok enough)If I got enough time to train, maybe I would do the Full marathon. Meanwhile, think I should go back to swimming and aerobics sports for a while.
I aim to finish next year half marathon at 2hr 30min. Yes I am doing it again. (10km was not shiok enough)If I got enough time to train, maybe I would do the Full marathon. Meanwhile, think I should go back to swimming and aerobics sports for a while.
2 comments:
U must be thinking that I am crazy to read your outdated blog entries. Haha. But anyway, wah I love your blog about the wishes you made when u were 17 even though I read it before already. It seems funny now that I am reading it for the 2nd time. Haha!
sJ
And not to forget, congrats on running the marathon! It's something I am too lazy and not interested to accomplish myself. BLEH!
Post a Comment