3 weeks of intensive training finally end last week... YO! I graduate with no scratches and no scars and meet lots of heros in the training... Yes, heros as in saving life and make a great difference to the country. Let me make a quick recap of wat zoom by these 3 weeks
Week 1 (14/11- 17/11)
An apprehensive start of my Officer Basic training course (OBC) for National Civil Deference Cadet Corps (NCDCC). For the uninitiated , it is an entire new CCA of three years old. The LCP told me to polished my boots and iron my field dress till the lines on my pants can be seen. My pockets have to be starched (heck it, starch if for wat... durhh)I am wearing gutters for the first time. Dun really noe how to spell, it is a thin green thingy that is elastic to hold your pants so that the legs will not touch the boots.
So mah huan I think. I am never in the uniform gp before, thus really noe nothing.
Went to the meeting place and was surprised to find many female teachers (all pretty pretty kind... I look the most garang compared to them, but boy I was wrong) instead of males going for the course. My course was held at the Home Team Academy for the first week, (HTA)together with the NPCC officers. Hmm see lots of Botaks NS man there. For an absolute newbie in foot drill, the first week was sheer torture. All the kanan, kiri, beklang, hedapan pusing. Heng the guy behind teach me how,(thanks ah John) else I die in the hentakaki cos I dun noe which leg to bang during Berhenti. We have to learn all the basic footdrill in 3 days time... SIONG ah as this include sizing and hormat. The NCDCC officers were more stressed than the NPCC ones as we have to have a method of instruction test on first day of week three. I freak out when I realise that I have to teach Sizing. SO LONG ah the command. Heng Got Help from JF and S as they are both parade commander before, else I am already died.
After all the foot drill, we went to Civil defence Academy (CDA) for our Hazard Material training class (Hazmat)We have to dorn a suit and wear face mask. This is same as the gas chamber treatment for those NS guys
Week 2 (20/11 - 24/11)
The Adventure training camp (ATC) I named it the camp of instant noodles. I like this camp very much except of the food... SUCKS!!! we eat instant noodles until I felt like puking. Having a chef among us did not help when he dun have a kitchen ( he is a ex raffles hotel chef who become a teacher) But this camp really teach me that nothing is impossible as I jump down from the Jetty, get my hand caught in a raft and still get up and paddle. Knees like jelly still want to try the rope crawl like 3 storeys off the ground, all thanks to YY who urge me on and the best NPCC officier who guide me steps by step). It is a test of limit, not to say I run a mild fever due to sore throat.
Week 3 (27/11 - 1/12)
Last week is a real siong week, we learn so many stuff and has so many tests. We has a MOI for footdrill, another MOI for any SCDF topic, I chose fire hazard and Prepared all the ppt slides ,read up from SCDF websites. We have a First aid practical and theory test (I dun noe we had a theory test until the day and I spent like 15 min studying) For the first aid, we have learn on Mon and tuesday and Wednesday night is the test. We learn CPR on Wednesday and thursday morning we have a CPR test.
Beside all that, we have to learn Rescue in confined space, stretcher drills, fire fighting skill in furnace (a buidling full of stimulation of different kind of fire, the fire fighter also use this buidling to train)We used water hose, 10 - 15 kg of fire extinguisher of various kind to fight small fire (small means whole room full of fire but still containable). All thanks to Ai (my first aid buddy for her head and body during the practial and practise session) To Cadet Teo, whom I fire fight and practise CPR together.
All in all
Greatest thanks to my ENCIK . You are the best and definately a hero in the eyes of all of us...
No comments:
Post a Comment